Challenge Mogan-Gran Canaria
Next Race: 22 April 2017
Natascha Badmann, Nicola Spirig, Daniela Ryf all choose Gran Canaria, and you?
Five reasons to race:
- First Challenge race in the European season
- Stunning swim in the Atlantic Ocean
- One of the key tourist areas with lots to do for families
- Perfect preparation for the triathlon season
- The best way to combine sports and tourism with the whole family
Gran Canaria is the third-largest island in the Canaries’ archipelago, but accounts for almost half the population and is a continent in miniature, with a dramatic variation of terrain, ranging from the green and leafy north to the mountainous interior and desert south. The centre has dramatic mountains while contrasting with these unspoiled peaks and valleys is a rugged coastline interspersed with white sandy beaches.
The course will be challenging and diverse, with temperatures going from 25 degrees at beach level to 10C at 1,500 meters above sea level. The landscape is unique, varied and technical, where lovers of a good honest course will shine!