Next Race: 23 July 2017
Challenge Penticton is offering an exciting array of race options in 2017! Athletes can choose from a Half Distance Triathlon, an Aquabike (swim and bike) and Standard Distance Triathlon option. Race in Penticton, a legendary sport community with a long history of triathlon excellence.
1.9 km swim . 90km bike . 21.1km run | 1.9km swim. 90km bike |
1.5km swim . . 45km bike 10.5km run |
Five reasons to race:
- Athletes that have qualified for ITU Multisport World Championships have an opportunity to test the waters a month before the World Championships race.
- Race course features some of the most stunning vistas in the Penticton area.
- Experience racing in a community with 34 years of long distance triathlon history.
- Penticton is home to the best volunteers ever!
- Enjoy warm lakes, sunny dry climate with fabulous food and wine!
Challenge Penticton introduces a new course and new distances giving athletes many choices for racing in July.
The 1.9km and 1.5km swim departs the beaches of Okanagan Lake through one loop (slightly extended for the half distance), back to the bay where you departed and into transition located in the adjacent park. From transition you depart through the heart of the city on the 45 km or 90 km bike course that takes you south towards Skaha Lake. Spectacular vistas accompany you back to downtown Penticton where you will then head to transition (standard distance athletes) or carry on to complete a second loop (half distance/ aquabike athletes).
On the run, athletes will follow the channel that connects Okanagan & Skaha Lakes on a looped course with warm lake breezes refreshing you along the way before arriving at the finish where were popular North American announcer, Steve King, will welcome you across the finish line and the spectators will celebrate your achievement ‘Canadian-style’!
Penticton is a warm and welcoming lakeside community that offers high-quality wine, culinary experiences and ample opportunities for outdoor recreation in a climate that is one of Canada‘s most appealing.