Challenge Family Professional Athlete Membership
If you would like to race as a professional you must apply for membership. This is to ensure the quality of fields and align with our anti doping policy.
Athlete’s that applied for the membership in 2016 need only provide an updated copy of their current 2017 racing license.
Challenge Family Professional Membership Policy
Challenge will grant athletes to race in the professional category at any Challenge event if you meet one of the criteria outlined below:
- The Challenge Family Professional Membership will be conducted on a calendar year, starting January 1, through to December 31 covering all full and half distance Challenge events.
- Athletes will be required to submit a copy of their professional license issued by their respective National Triathlon Federation.
- Athletes who’s National Triathlon Federation does not issue an official professional license, a letter from a representative of the NTF confirming your professional status will be accepted.
- If neither of these options is available Challenge Family will consider an athletes results from the preceding 2 years.
- Please scan and send document(s) to the Pro Athlete e-mail address. Please include country you reside (if different from license) and representing country for 2016.
- Athletes wishing to register for a 2017 Challenge Family Pro Membership must apply by March 31st, 2017 or 30-days prior to your first event.
- Once your documentation has been received and processed you will receive a confirmation e-mail validating your membership or requesting further information.
- You will then be eligible to receive the following entry benefits for any full or half distance Challenge event
- Free entry for athletes ranked 1-250 in the Prize Money Ranking
- 50% of entry fee for athletes ranked from 251 – 400 in the Prize Money Ranking
- For athletes ranked 401 and above, entry benefits are at the discretion of the race director
There is NO cost to apply for this membership but is mandatory to race in the professional category at any full or half distance Challenge event.
Athletes holding an elite/ professional status will not be permitted to race as an Age Group athlete in any Challenge or other-branded event. Cancellation of your Challenge Professional Membership will result if this is not strictly adhered too.